Sunday, April 6, 2014

Garlicky Shrimp with Olive Oil

Let's keep it simple…Life happens.

A cold beer or a glass of wine….And a  loaf of crusty bread to soak up the garlicky oil is all that you need to make this easy to prepare shrimp dish perfect.



Garlicky Shrimp with Olive Oil
Serves 8 (first course Servings)
Recipe from Food and Wine



Ingredients:
1 cup extra-virgin olive oil
4 garlic cloves, minced
6 whole dried chiles
1/4 cup minced flat-leaf parsley
2 pounds shelled and deveined medium shrimp
Salt
Crusty bread for serving

Directions:
In a very large, deep skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering.  Add the garlic, chiles and parsley and cook over moderately high heat for 10 seconds, stirring.  Add the shrimp and cook over high heat, stirring once, until they are pink and curled, 3 to 4 minutes.  Season with salt and transfer to small bowls.  Serve with crusty bread.

Note: Sprinkle the shrimp after they're cooked with a crunchy sea salt.
Pin It

28 comments:

Leigh said...

This sounds divine! I love shrimp and anything garlic!

Tree Hugger - Suzan said...

Three of my most favorites -- shrimp, garlic and olive oil!!

Rambling Tart said...

Oh. I need this. :-) What delightfully simple dish. :-)

Sam Hoffer @ My Carolina Kitchen said...

These are a few of my favorite things...
Sam

Angie Schneider said...

I would love this quick and delicious garlic shrimp too.

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Delicious! A perfect combo.

Cheers,

Rosa

Tina said...

That is simple and it's something I could whip up after a long day at work. Great one for this week.

Grandbabycakes said...

Ok I am seriously in love with this. Garlic and shrimp go hand in hand in my opinion. Looks so flavorful!

Pam said...

Good food here!

~~louise~~ said...

Garlicky anything is just fine with me Velva. Garlicky Shrimp is simply delicious especially when April just happens to be National Garlic Month!

Thank you so much for sharing...

Monet said...

My favorite way to enjoy shrimp...with lots and lots of garlic :-)

Kitchen Belleicious said...

yep this is my kind of simple but soo utterly delicious meal!

The JR said...

I think shrimp is one of our favorite foods.

Karen Harris said...

Oh yes, I love simple if it includes shrimp. Great looking dish Velva.

Barbara said...

Oh yeah! You had me at garlicky. Easy and divine.

Lost In Utensils said...

We are so on the same page. Less is totally more. Like the chilli hit there as well!

Karen (Back Road Journal) said...

A piece of crusty bread is perfect for soaking up the sauce as you enjoy the delicious shrimp. :)

Big Dude said...

I'm in

Catherine said...

This is beautiful. I would love the crusty bread to soak up the delicious olive oil with this tasty shrimp. Blessings dear. Catherine xo

SavoringTime in the Kitchen said...

We love shrimp and the more garlic, the better :) Sounds delicious!

Taste of Beirut said...

garlic and shrimp go together like horse and carriage. yum! want some!

kitchen flavours said...

I love this! Shrimps and garlic are perfect together! yum!

Sue/the view from great island said...

Life doesn't get any better than a bowl of garlicky shrimp :)

Chris said...

This is very similar to the shrimp scampi on a stick that I make for a quick and easy grilled shrimp appetizer. Love it.

Ann Jones said...

I love anything with shrimp, yum!

cubic zirconia brazil said...

Awesome post, thanks for sharing this post..

cubic zirconia brazil said...

Awesome post, thanks for sharing this post..

birthstone ear studs said...

Thanks for sharing this wonderful post, It is awesome.

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails