Perfectly Peppered Steak
Note: measurements are approximate and you should adjust to taste
1- 1-1/2lbs beef steak, cut into strips
2-3 bell peppers, any color, cut thinly into strips
1 medium red onion, thinly sliced
3-4 garlic cloves, chopped
2-3 cups beef broth
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Salt and pepper
1-15 oz tomatoes any style (e.g. crushed, whole, diced)
A splash of your favorite steak sauce
A splash of your favorite Worcestershire sauce
A big splash of soy sauce
1-2 Tablespoons cooking oil
2-3 tablespoons Cornstarch
Hot cooked rice or noodles
1. Slice uncooked steak into slices across the grain. Season with salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder.
2. In a Dutch oven heat oil and brown meat. Remove meat wth a slotted spoon and transfer to a plate.
3. Toss in sliced red onion and bell peppers. Add garlic and beef broth, steak sacue, Worcestershire sauce and soy sauce, ginger and tomatoes.
4. In a small dish, Use 2-3 tablespoons cornstarch mixed with beef broth. Stir until dissolved. Add to simmering pot, to thicken the sauce. Cover and simmer 25-30 minutes.
5. Return meat to pot and simmer
If you need to kick-up the spice Misty recommends that you add a few dashes of hot sauce.
Serve over hot rice or noodles.